In the preview episode ‘The Importance Of Having An open Mind’ , I made a big deal out of how good this episode was going to be. I hope it doesn’t leave you dissapointed. John Quilter, aka ‘The Food Busker’ has a great story that shows how anyone can adjust their mindset and take a leap into the terrifying unknown. Despite having an award winning restaurant, John found himself miserable and a slave to his customers and doing the best possible job he could. He went bankrupt, nearly fled to LA to become an actor before making the decision to come down to London where the street food scene was beginning to unfold. The rest, as they say, is
history food busking.
“I knew I could be much more than I was”
In our conversation John discusses:
- How school prepared him for a life of underachieving
- The rookie mistake he made with his restaurant
- Losing everything
- The self help book that really stood out, Way of the Superior Man
- Becoming a victim of your own lifestyle
- Managing a hugely popular YouTube channel and what that involves
- Why you should never, ever give up on yourself
And remember….men can’t multitask, but chefs can definitely multitask!