The original idea involved vending machines, but the advances of technology were such that ZipJet was actually born as a mobile app that’s here to make your laundry experience easy and simple. It sounds too good to be true but alas, it’s true! In this interview, former Investment Banker Lorenzo Franzi talks us through the initial idea, the ups and downs of his journey starting ZipJet and a few key learnings for budding entrepreneurs.
Some key takeaways from the interview were:
- Beware of building a technology based product that’s too advanced for what your current needs are
- If something happens to go wrong, a smile and apology goes a long way with your customers
- Find the right partner for your startup, someone who can compliment your skillset and share your vision
- Use your personal network as much as you can, don’t keep your ideas to yourself
- Stay humble from the very beginning, don’t rush and build from the ground up
You can follow the latest updates from ZipJet via their Twitter feed.
If you enjoyed this interview and want to hear from similar entrepreneurs we have an interview with another former Investment Banker turned App developer, Yunha Kim.