Katherine didn’t quite manage to ditch all of the corporate admin when she started Kat Bakes London, but on the plus side, she is getting to spend her working life doing something she’s passionate about.
In this episode, and after many attempts at recording via Skype, we finally got to speak to Kat about her entrepreneurial journey.
Some of the things we spoke about in the interview were:
- The biggest misconceptions people have about her job
- The value of fear
- New skills picked up as a business owner
- Getting away with no business plan
If the thought of starting a food business is keeping you awake at night with excitement, you may want to check out a few other foodpreneur episodes we have available such as:
- Spoon Cereals co-founder Annie Morris
- The Willy Wonka of London, Richard Wilkinson
- YouTube star & ‘Food Busker’, John Quilter
Finally, on the subject of passion, since it’s so commonly discussed by those changing careers – Professor Cal Newport has a very different opinion, which he discusses in the episode Is ‘Follow Your Passion’ Terrible Advice?