And we’re not just talking about any chocolate startup. This is Doisy & Dam, a London based business who sell chocolate infused with superfoods. Think spirulina, goji berries and maca powder crammed into a Galaxy bar (or something along those lines). Following on from his entrepreneur Q&A (we recommend you listen), Richard Wilkinson is back to answer a few questions and give us a peek behind the curtain to reveal what happens behind the scenes of this seemingly glamorous business.
- Why chocolate?
- Do you need a variety of suppliers for the superfoods?
- Don’t you just buy all your Superfoods from alibaba.com and save money?
- What are the less glamorous sides of the job?
- What does selling involve?
- How to you grow and keep up a relationship with your suppliers?
- Where do you find your customer feedback?
- How do you feel about passion when it comes to running a business?
- “It was a nice way of introducing superfoods to people.”
- “The legality around importing superfoods is ridiculous, it’s such a legal nightmare.”
- “One of the best decisions we made was to be organic.”
- “We’re not just swimming in big pools of chocolate…unfortunately.”
- “The brand itself is more important to us than just sales.”
- “The most important thing is to have a brand that we’re proud of and a product that we love.”
- “We could sell way more by dropping the quality and retail price but we’d never do that because that’s not the company we want to be.”
- “We wanted our customers to define our product for us.”